Cropweed Management Resources
The sustainability of agriculture depends as much on the natural resources required for production as it does on the stakeholders that manage those resources. We collaborate with agricultural professionals to develop and deliver research-based information on weed ecology and management. This information is available through Extension publications, presentations, workshops, and other activities.
- Weed Management Lessons from a Warm and Dry Summer
- 100 Years of Weeds in Montana. What have we learned? What have we forgotten?
- Weed Seedbank Dynamics and Integrated Management of Agricultural Weeds (MontGuide, 490KB PDF)
- Integrated Strategies for Managing Agricultural Weeds (MontGuide, 560KB PDF)
- Weed Management in Shelterbelts (MontGuide, 260KB PDF)
- Weed Management and Crop Production (link list)
- WeedSOFT decision support system to assist growers, consultants, and extension agents
- Management of Glyphosate (RoundUp and generic products) Resistant Kochia with Soil Applied Herbicides
- Getting the Most from Soil-Applied Herbicides (MontGuide, 340KB PDF)
- Preventing and Managing Herbicide-Resistant Weeds in Montana (MontGuide, 460KB PDF)
- Herbicide Injury Symptoms (130KB PDF)
- Herbicide Selection for Cereals
- Tools to Prevent and Diagnose Herbicide Injury
- Integrated Weed Management in Lentils (MontGuide, 290KB PDF)
- Persian Darnel: Identification, Biology and Ecology (MontGuide, 915KB PDF)
- Kochia and Russian Thistle: Omnipresent Weeds that will Only Get Tougher to ControlIs this Plant a Weed, a Noxious Weed, an Invasive Weed, or a “Superweed”?
- Canada Thistle
- Ecology and Management of Canada Thistle (NRCS, 970KB PDF)
- Thistle Rust: A Potential Biocontrol Agent to Help in the Management of Canada Thistle
- From Conventional to Organic Cropping: What to Expect During the Transition Years (Montguide, 300KB PDF)
- An Introduction to the Principles and Practices of Sustainable Farming (MontGuide)